Concierge Health Center is a leader in offering patients a choice. A choice that is patient driven, versus dictated by insurance companies and government.
The current healthcare system is not working. Today primary care physicans are met with the demands of insurance companies to increase their number of appointments and decrease their time with each patient. With lower pay and higher demands, only 2% of medical school graduates are currently entering primary care for their residency training. Waiting rooms are filling with baby boomer patients while general practitioners are retiring in large numbers.
Many people aren't covered because they or their employer can not afford it. By and large, patients that do have a primary care physician are getting care in nine minutes or less.
To compound the challenge the Affordable Care Act is expected to increase the patient pool substantially in 2014, further stressing the shortage of doctors and increasing insurance costs. Those with a third party health insurance plan can expect to be seen more often by physician extenders, such as Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners, expect longer wait times and pay more for it.
Becoming more consumer-driven:
- Rising costs prevent more employers from providing coverage as a benefit
- More patients and physicians are predicted to seek primary care outside the third-party insurance system
People are without coverage:
- Denied coverage due to pre-existing conditions or even just high blood pressure
- Loss of employment
- Just can not afford insurance
- Waiting rooms are filling with baby boomers
- The Affordable Care Act is expected to increase the patient pool substantially in 2014
Growing shortage of primary healthcare physicians nationally:
- General practitioners are retiring in large numbers
- Only 2% of medical school graduates today are entering residency training in primary care
- 40% of overhead in a PCP office is spent dealing with insurance companies, decreasing physician salaries and increasing the number of patients they must see daily
- More patients will be seen by physician extenders such as Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
Significant growth in patients seeking care at alternative locations for:
- After hour care
- Less waiting room times
- More capability than primary care offices
The Concierge Care Solution
Increase in efficiency:
- Electronic medical records and online scheduling
- Cuts out the middleman, such as insurance, big hospital networks and primary care physicians
Compassionate and comprehensive care:
- Weekly group meetings to discuss patients' challenges and act as their Health Care Advocate
- More time with physician, each sees just 8-10 patients per day
- Invested physicians who have ownership of the care center
- Preventative and wellness care that is covered
- Concierge care patients experience 65% fewer hospitalizations than those in the standard health system
- Better access to care:
- Same or next day appointments, except with specialits
- House calls for those with transportation issues
- E-mail and phone accessibility
- New facility with the latest in medical equipment
- Predictable and economical flat membership fee
- No deductible
- No co-payments
- Less costly for some
- Possibly can use pre-tax funds through an FSA or HSA, depending on coverage
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
If not repealed by Conservatives, the act is projected to increase the pool of those seeking proactive medical care by 2014:
- Insurance companies will cover all applicants at the same rates, which will in essence raise rates for those currently insured, healthy people, driving them to consider alternatives
- Employers with 50+ employees not offering medical coverage may be subject to a penalty
Individuals will be required to have insurance or pay a penalty.
Medicaid programs by state governments will be expanded with decreasing reimbursements.
Concierge Health Center
4704 Shrewsbury Ave.
St Louis, MO 63119
Phone: (314) 802-7117
Or use our contact form.
- 24/7 physician access by cell phone, email, & text
- Same or next day appointments
- On-time appointments
- Functional Medicine
- Focus on wellness & optimal aging
- Conventional & alternative approach
- Communication & coordination of care with specialists
- Patient advocate during hospitalization
- Health seminars & education
- Weight loss